Google
 

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

COLESLAW


Alton Brown has this complicated recipe, but my cousin gave me a simple one:

Coleslaw Recipe courtesy Alton Brown
Show: Good Eats
Episode: Salad Daze II: The Long Arm of the Slaw


1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 fluid ounces plain yogurt
2 fluid ounces mayonnaise
1 tablespoon pickle juice
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
Kosher salt, as needed
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper


But this is a simpler way to do it.

My cousin's simple recipe
Thin slice some green cabbage
Put into the bowl
Sprinkle white wine vinegar on it
Add a little mayonaise.
Salt and pepper if you want
Stir with fork

Voila'
I guess you can add shredded carrots or red cabbage, but I like it plain.

No comments: