Google
 

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Kosher Chile Adovado

\
Some friends brought back this little kit from their trip to New Mexico. I didn't try the sopillas with it because I think there might be milk products in it - but I made the Chile Adovado with beef cut "fajita style" from Mr. Kosher in Encino.

The recipe is really simple - take 1 1/2 lbs of "cubed" beef. Put it into an oven proof pan. Combine the little packet in the blender with 3 1/2 cups of water. Pour it over the meat. Marinate for 12 hours. I did this last night. This morning, I put it into the oven at 350 degrees for 90 minutes. It came out really really good - but it is caliente!

They sell the carne adovada mix alone - without the sopilla mix. I think we can just use corn tortillas. They also sell several types of ground chile.

No comments: